Great grandma's recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (2 medium) mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups Pillsbury's Best All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup small chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, blend first 7 ingredients; beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Grease (not oil) bottom only of 9x5 or 8.4 inch loaf pan (metal works much better than glass).
- Backe at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely.