Part time hacker, full time dad.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups (12 oz package) chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.