Part time hacker, full time dad.
Morning Glory Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup regular oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar or 1/4 cup brown sugar + 1 snack size no-sugar applesauce (in wet ingredient bowl)
- 1 Tbsp wheat bran
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup plain fat-free jogurt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 bananas)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 3 Tbsp. ground flaxseed (2 Tbsp whole)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place 18 muffin cup liners in muffin tin - coat liners with cooking spray.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups, level with knife. Combine flours and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine yogurt, banana, and egg. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Fold in dates, walnuts, and pineapples.
- Spoon batter into cups. Sprinkle evenly with flaxseed.
- Bake 20 minutes or until muffins pring back when touched lightly in the center.
- Remove muffing immediately, cool on wire rack.
- calories: 186, fat: 4.4 (0.5 sat), carb: 35.2, fiber: 3.4, protein: 4.2