Taco Bell Chicken Quesadillas
Even better than the real thing.
Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno slices
- 2 teaspoons juice from jalapeno slices
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash salt
- 4 chicken breast tenderloins
- 4 large flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 slices American cheese
- Prepare creamy jalapeno sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill so that flavors develop. Stir occasionally.
- Preheat your barbecue grill to medium heat.
- Rub chicken tenderloins with vegetable oil. Salt and pepper each side of each tenderloin. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side. When chicken is done, slice it very thin.
- When you are ready to build your quesadillas, preheat a 12-inch skillet over medium low heat.
- When the pan is hot lay one tortilla in the pan. Arrange about 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of shredded jack cheese on half of the tortilla. Tear up half a slice of American cheese and arrange it on the other cheeses.
- Arrange about 1/4 cup of sliced chicken over the cheese.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of jalapeno sauce over the tortilla on the half with no ingredients on it.
- Fold the sauced-covered half of the tortilla over onto the ingredients on the other half and press down with a spatula. Cook for about 1 minute, then turn the quesadilla over and cook for a couple more minutes or until the cheese inside is melted. Slice into four pieces and serve hot. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.